5.05.2011

Giving blood.

So I was able to give blood yesterday for the first time in many, many years, since 98'. 
Which I forgot that feeling I get inside when I do so.  When I picked up the midgets from my parents house after work, Grayson asks me about my stickers & what they were for.  I told him I gave blood today at work. Very perplexed he says-"u bleed today Mommy? Why?"  I tried to explain to him that someday, some person will need that blood & my donation will help them.  My Mom told the kids I was a "good girl" for giving blood. On the ride home he is deep in thought & blurts out, "Mommy, u bleed from your eyes & face today?" OMG, I tried to keep contain my laughter.  I told him it was a small needle in my arm & he interrupted me to make sure I received a band-aid!  They think & say the darnedest things. 

1 comments:

Rose said...

That is awesome! Lily asked a ton of questions the first time I told her about my donations. Now I just snap a few pictures for her everytime and she is happy!