8.04.2011

The Knox Garden

Not sure what this is, Lavendar?  
 This was the first batch that we could pick
 Broccoli
 The start of our Watermelons as of 08/02/11 they are the size of my hand
 Cucumbers, they are all really big and not very dark, but taste fabulous
FFA 
 This was two weeks ago, when Jared and I were in the garden on Tuesday night, I can not see him and he stands 6'3.  Since this photo all of the storms have completely devasted our corn.  The last storm on Tuesday was the nail in the coffin.
 
Second harvest. 
Which come to think of, my Mom took everything?  Then I picked two baskets full on Tuesday and she took all of that too???  I didn't get to take a picture of that but the green onions are huge! Almost cartoonish. 

I told Jared I wanted a garden and we didn't really see eye to eye on it, but then he came around, he put a lot of work into this garden-I mean A LOT, and I am so proud of his efforts.  I think he likes having a garden more than anticipated.  Next year we are going even bigger, seperating the melons and pumpkins from the rest of the garden.  And going to figure out a better way to plant the corn, so sad we lost all of it.  Live and learn right?

1 comments:

The Denny Family said...

wow that's awesome! sorry about the corn tho... i can't even keep a flower alive let alone a veggie garden! i clearly did not get my mothers green thumb!