8.08.2011

A look into my heart and soul....

I have a wonderful friend who has put lists of wonderful tid-bits of her life on her blog.  And every time I read them, she makes me smile, has made me cry, and makes me feel close to her even though she is pretty far away!  So I have been thinking of my list for a couple of months now, completely random thoughts and facts. 


1. I was recently diagnosed with Adult ADD/ADHD, this is very tough for me and I have to work on this daily.  But I am doing this for Myself, Jared, Charlotte & Grayson, I want us to have beautiful memories, and my children deserve a healthy Mommy and Jared deserves a not so crazy wife. 

2. I want to move down south. I ask my husband every month...

3. I really hate politics.

4. I have the best group of girlfriends a girl could ever ask for. They are my band of sisters and Aunt's to my children.  I am so grateful for their love and their families. 

5. My Mom asked me when I was a young child if my Stepdad could adopt me, and I told her no.  I have a lot of regret about that in my adult life.  First when he walked me down the aisle, and now that I have children.. Jim has been an amazing Father to me and is the apple of my children's eye, they love their Poppa! Thank you so much for all of your patience and dedication to our family.

6. I hold the door for my Elders every chance I get.

7. I still say please and thank you to complete strangers. 

8. When I was pregnant, people would figure out I was carrying Twins, and make comments like good luck or OMG.  I wanted to drop kick them in the face, thank God I couldn't get my leg up that high.

9. I love reality TV.  The good, the bad and the trash, bring it on.  I literally laugh so hard I cry at some of these shows.  

10. My friends think I am really funny, and say that's why they keep me around, but I don't really see it.

11. I love nothing more than to sit outside with my girlfriends and drink wine.  We laugh, we cry, we pick at each other, and its all free therapy.

12. I love to watch my husband perform, does something crazy to me every time.  Never gets old.

13. I can't stand when my kids whine.  

14. I always have at least 2 beverages going, and this has been a joke w/friends for years, sometimes I have 4.  Come to find out, part of my ADD/ADHD is thirst, dehydration, all the time needing fluids.  

15. I wish I could afford to move Aunt Sandy, Wendy, Homer, & Logan up north.  I love them so much and the bond that I feel with them is unbreakable.  Talk about good people.  I cry, weep, bawl & squall as they call it down in Louisiana, every time I leave them.  

16. My mother is the most giving person I know.  She would literally do anything for anybody, I am proud to say that has rubbed off on me, and my 3 year olds are already showing signs of this too.  Nothing better than to give.... Nothing.

17. I really want to travel, I want my children to grow up like I did.  Vacations every year, going to different states, seeing sights.  Good old American history.

18. I want horses.

19. When people ask me how my kids are, I don't know what to say.  Because lets face it folks, I could talk about them 24/7, and I feel like sometimes people ask, but they don't really want to hear.  So I usually just say something like, they are great, getting so big so fast? 

20. Sometimes I just wish my mother and I weren't like Oil & Water.  Regardless she is my hero.  And my children, husband, & even my dog ADORE her.  Thank you Mom.

21. I have twin sisters that I barely talk to and it hurts me everyday.. Everyday.

22. I miss my Grandmothers, all 3 of them.  I wish for all different reasons they could see me now.   I think that they would be so proud...  Love you Grandma Anne, Grandma Moore, and Grandma Selmer.  You all taught me so many things, and I will do my best to pass on your memories.

23. I think I will be a photographer some day.

24. I still have yet to see Ruby Falls or the Mammoth Caves.

25. I would totally go Noodling for Catfish.

26. I really would like to play co-ed Volleyball or Softball.

27. If going to the beach or pool was a Full Time job, I would apply for the position.

28. Recently when I was recovering from my Sinus surgery, I couldn't talk to Tara Geiger on the phone when she would call, just the thought of her made my eyes well up with tears.  I don't know why my emotions for her poured over the top, but I do know that I love you girl, since the 4th grade..

29. Good morning beautiful, is one of my all time favorite songs.

30. I wish my Mother in Law was still here.

2 comments:

The Denny Family said...

love to you beth....it's a wonderful list that makes me think about my own life!

Beth Knox said...

Thanks Julaine, I think of it as free therapy to say the things you normally wouldn't. :)